Chocolate Peanut Butter "Ice Cream" - makes 2 servings
2 medium bananas, frozen
1.5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1.5 Tbsp natural peanut butter
2 Tbsp milk (cow’s, soy or almond milk)
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Eat immediately.
Optional: add 1 scoop of pure protein powder to increase the protein content.
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Popsicles - makes nine 4 oz. popsicles
1 cup strawberries, frozen
1 banana, frozen
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup nonfat cow's/soy milk
1 tsp honey
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth. Pour mixture into popsicle mold. Place in freeze for approximately 6 hours. Run popsicle mold under warm water and pop out of mold and serve.
Raw Chocolate Truffles - makes 24 truffles
~1 c unsweetened dates, pitted and chopped
~1 1/4 c raw walnuts, unsalted
1/4 c cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 T honey or pure maple syrup
Optional: ¼ tsp peppermint extract
1. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.
2. Roll into "truffle" size balls. [Optional: roll in shaved coconut or cocoa powder.]
3. Store in air-tight container.
Fruit Yogurt Bark - makes ~6 servings
~2 cups PLAIN nonfat yogurt or greek yogurt
~1/4 cup granola
~2 Tbsp honey
~1/4 cup dried fruit (and nuts if desired)
1. Spread yogurt in even layer on pan covered with wax paper. Layer should be ~1/4 inch thick.
2. Sprinkle yogurt with toppings above or other toppings as desired.
3. Place pan in freeze for ~3 hours until yogurt is frozen.
4. To serve, peel back wax paper and break into pieces. Eat immediately.
Berry Avocado Smoothie - makes 3 smoothies
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 ripe banana
2 2/3 berries (variety)
1 cup plain, low-fat Greek Yogurt
Optional: ~ 1 inch fresh ginger
1. Combine all ingredients in blender.
2. Enjoy immediately OR fill popsicle container and freeze for a smoothie popsicle later!
Your Nutrition Coach,